Around Here

birthday boy at his birthday dinner | nails and football (while Virginia and J.D. nap) | cookbooks for steak night in | the Friendsgiving spread at my next door neighbors

Happy Monday guys!  It was such a good weekend, and I'm so thankful that it's a short week because I'm so ready for the holiday.  We had the best relaxing weekend - just what we needed.  Friday night J.D. and I went on a little date after we put Virginia to bed to celebrate his birthday.  I swear Good Food on Montford is always our favorite when we go - the BEST green curry mussels and truffle fries!!  Saturday we did a little Christmas shopping/browsing with Virginia and had so much fun with her.  We came on back and cozied in for the afternoon and evening watching football and cooking steaks continuing the birthday celebration.  Sunday we were super lazy with the rain, but did head over to our next door neighbors house late afternoon for a little (big) Friendsgiving celebration.  It was a good time and a nice cozy party with a full house, good wine and food, and rain in the background.

Heath and Andy had a good weekend seeing family in Knoxville.  They always love going home to visit, and it's even better in Knoxville during football season!  Virginia and I are hitting the road to head home today to see my parents for the week.  My mom's going to watch Virginia while I do some work in South Carolina, and Heath, Andy and J.D. are heading down on Wednesday.  We are SO ready!!  The countdown to Thanksgiving is on!!

Have a good week everyone, and safe travels to those already headed home!

~Mary Keller

2 comments: