Artists at Home | Amanda Stone Talley

Today we're back with another Artists at Home series with a sneak peek into the New Orleans home of artist Amanda Stone Talley.  We were so excited when Amanda shared the images below with us.  Her home is so gorgeous guys, and it shows how creativity really does create the most beautiful spaces.



We asked Amanda to share her thoughts on decorating and incorporating art into a home.
 
From Amanda, "Growing up in Baton Rouge, my Mother was assigned to Junior League Saturday duty at the Nearly New Thrift Shop. I spent a lot of time combing through items there and honed in on an ability to see beauty in overlooked and discarded things. I still use those skills today when I'm pulled over on  the side of the road putting some piece of something into my SUV. Also having a big warehouse has enabled me to store and rehabilitate pieces before they make it into the gallery or my home. I just love the hunt!"
 

How gorgeous are those rugs and brick walls, so so pretty!  I'm also really loving her mix of art.  Each piece comes together perfectly and yet they're all very different.

If you aren't familiar with Amanda's work pop over here now and check it out.  Everything she does is gorgeous!  Be on the lookout for more of Amanda's home in an upcoming publication.

- Heath

all images from Amanda Talley

0 comments:

Post a Comment