Masters Ingredients


Is everyone else as obsessed with the Masters as we are?  I seriously think it's one of my favorite weekends of the year.  What's not to love?  I love watching golf, I love the food I associate with the Masters (pimento cheese!!), I love that warm weather and Spring are in the air, and I love an excuse to chill out an watch tv pretty much all day.

Some years we've had Masters parties, other year's we've attended Master's parties, but this year we're just going to hang out and enjoy it here at home.  I picked up a handful of ingredients at the grocery store to make up the perfect easy Master's weekend at home.  So here's my list:  Pimento Cheese is a MUST!  My favorite store bought is Palmetto Cheese, originally from Pawley's Island.  We love the version with jalapenos and it's available at just about any grocery store.  For drinks, I grabbed lemonade and sweet tea vodka of course.  Mix the two together for the perfect spiked Arnold Palmer (or John Daly as some call it.)  JD will go along with a sweet tea vodka for a drink or two, but really bourbon is a Masters staples for him.  I grabbed cheese straws, a nutty trail mix, crackers to go along with the pimento cheese, and a few cookies for us to graze on all day.  Add a few fresh flower blooms from the yard, and we're set!  We can't wait.  Who are you guys pulling for?  and did you hear Tiger's not playing this year?

p.s. If you are having a Masters party, here's the menu we came up with last year.

~Mary Keller

0 comments:

Post a Comment