Photo Diary | Snowshoe Ski Trip


Last weekend during the snow storm we snuck away for a quick ski trip to Snowshoe, WV. I've pulled together some photos if you're interested.



It was the perfect long weekend for skiing, hot chocolate drinking and relaxing with family. If you've never been to Snowshoe, it's pretty cute. It's the only East coast ski resort I've been to with a village, which we love. We walked around in the village after the rest of our group arrived on Friday and had drinks at Foxfire Grill. Note to self - wear sunglasses!


This was the view we woke up to every morning from our back porch. So peaceful! We arrived on Thursday to a winter wonderland after they got 14 inches that day. Friday the weather cooperated a bit more for Andy and I to ski while the others travelled. Of course I didn't have my camera on me but the weather was gorgeous, it was a really great day.


It was cold and snowy on Saturday (2 degrees w/ wind chill! ) which meant lots of hot chocolate breaks on the mountain.


Our evenings were spent snuggling with Virginia, drinking mulled wine and playing back gammon. Have you guys ever played? It was my first time and I'm obsessed. My dad taught us quickly the first evening and we played constantly afterwards. Now I'm in the market for a set.


Have you ever seen anyone look cuter in sweatpants?
We had such a nice time in Snowshoe. I'd highly recommend it for a weekend trip from Charlotte.
- Heath

1 comments:

  1. Virginia gets cuter every time I see her! Cannot wait to see the professional pics!

    ReplyDelete